Long lasting lipstick is something that it seems everyone is looking for. There is nothing worse than putting on your favorite shade, only to see it wear off on the first glass that you take a drink of. You have already tried all the tricks, but you still can’t keep your lip color in place.
The good news is that there are a few things that you can do to help to make it last. Here are some pro tricks that you probably have not heard before. You can easily take these tips and have spectacular looking lips every time that you look in the mirror.
1. Apply your color to clean, dry lips if you want to get long lasting lipstick. Dirt and oil can create a layer between your lips and the product that you are going to be applying. This makes it difficult for any product to get a good hold to last. You will want to moisturize your lips with lip balm the night before.
This is one of the biggest mistakes that most women make when it comes to this type of makeup.
2. You can apply lip liner to your mouth and color in the entire area before applying your lipstick. Lip liner tends to have a better staying power in general then most brand of lip color. This product will help to keep whatever look that you create on your mouth and not on your glass.
3. Blot your color a couple of times and set it with a translucent powder to truly achieve long lasting lipstick. While this will not look for glossy looks, this one step will do wonders for any of the matte finishes that you have in your case.
4. Try some of the all day lip color options that are available out there. Many of these products are designed to last as long as 16 hours. You will want to read the instructions to make sure that you apply them correctly, but these are going do wonders for you when it comes to keeping color on your lips.
5. Use the same brand of lip liner as your lipstick. Each brand has a unique formulation of bases and colourants that are consistent between products. Using two different brands can lead to product incompatibility. Lip liners offer also you versatility of the final outcome of your product.
For instance, if you use a nude liner with a red, you get a muted, softer tone than you would with a red liner.
6. Don’t use a lip brush. Use your lip color straight from the tube. You generally see make-up artists using lip brushes, because it is the only hygienic way to apply lipstick from the same tube to multiple people. You can sanitize the brush, not the tube of lipstick!
You will get greater deposit of color if you use it straight from the tube, and your application time is much quicker. If your lipstick takes on a distorted shape, take a piece of picture hanging wire and slice it into a slant. (knives are too thick).
Watch out for lip plumpers! These are fabulous for juicy, full lips, but most of them eat up the colorant in lipstick. Look for lip plumpers that are already colored.
7. Try a lip stain. Lip stains are perfect for a suggestion of color. They enhance the natural color of the lips and dry to a matte finish. They are perfect for all-day stay, but they can have a drying effect. To re-hydrate, use a lip treatment that is natural based at night time.
8. Exfoliate your lips once a week. Having a prepared surface always helps lipstick stay on better, especially for those with dry lips. Exfoliation also helps stimulate circulation, which will give you a fuller, healthy smile!
While these makeup tips are centered around long lasting lipstick, you can use many of these if you are a fan of lip gloss. Lip gloss is never going to last as long as lipstick, but using a couple of the above tips will help you to get it to stay put a bit longer than it usually would.
This is a great way to make sure that you look great and even save a little money on not using as much product through out the day.
If that doesn’t work, there’s always cosmetic tattooing!